It’s thunderstom season again… How does your pet handle storms?
Here are some TIPS to help your pet’s fear of thunderstorms:
– Keep your dog in a safe place where they cannot get outside.
– Stay calm yourself as your dog can pick up on your emotions. Stay calm, confident and happy.
– Do not baby your dog. Extra praise and attention may have the opposite affect by continuing the behavior to get rewarded
– Try keeping your dog in a closed up room with windows shut, curtains closed, turn on a TV or music with calming music.
– You may try some all-natural remedies such as a Thundershirt, Rescue Remedy, Composure or others
– If your pet gets worse, you may want to bring him in for a consultation to see if we can help.